Aerial video taken with Mavic Air during our trip to Alta in northern Norway.
We left the camping site at 8:15. During the long way back home we are planning a stop for lunch.
- 11:30-12:00 – Lunch at Juustoporti Kärsämäki.
- 14:40 – Arrived to Uurainen.
- 8:15 – Leaving Alta River Camping, there is around 550 km long journey ahead of us.
- 9:30 – Short stop at waterfall Nieidagorži.
- 10:15-10:45 – Silver gallery in Kautokeino.
- 11:30 – After a bit of shopping we continue to drive south towards Finland.
- 13:30-14:30 – Refreshment in Pallas – National park visitor’s center.
- 17:00-18:00 – Dinner at Pello.
- 19:45 – Arriving to camping in Tornio. After building tents we go to sauna and for a swim in river. It is really hot weather here, it has been much nicer climate in Norway.
Today is a “free” day – we don’t have any group activities. Bit rainy morning but afternoon’s forecast looks promising.
In the afternoon we go for a little hike around the beatiful river Altaelva.
For dinner we had a very good hot-dogs. In the evening boys had a good ride on bicycles.
We are not in hurry in the morning, it is planned to start the trip at 11:30.
- 12:00 – Returning big heap of bottles in the shop – we got those for the scouts to earn a bit money.
- 13:15 – Fetching a group of scouts who stayed overnight in the wilderness. Our bus driver is not very sure if the small bridge can support the bus weight – but it was OK.
- 14:00 – 14:30 – Picnic lunch on the rest-stop beween bridge over the fjord and a tunnel. We had very tasty grilled trouts which our fisherman cauth over the night.
- 15:00 – 17:30 – Bathing in the indoor pool / spa area in the center of Alta.
- 20:00 – 21:30 – Making the dinner – Mexican tortillas and pancakes as a desert. Couple Norwegian scouts came to visit us.
Today morning we have a relaxing time and after lunch a small celebration with a cake – Aino-Mari is 10 years old and small Joel has a name day.
- 13:45 – Starting the trip – first to the outdoor clothes shop in Alta and then we have a plan to make hiking trip to tundra.
- 15:30 – 17:00 – Around 3km hike to lake Gampvannet. It is really beatiful northern nature around the lake, nice sunny weather. We are grilling some sausages and pancakes at the fire pit.
- 19:45 – 20:45 – 3km trip back to bus. Along the path we are admiring big old pine trees.
Today morning we are waking after 8am. We have a adventure trip over the sea bed planned for the afternoon.
- 14:00 – Starting the trip
- 14:20 – 15:45 – Hike to the hill Komsa from where is a nice view to Alta surroundings.
- 16:00 – 16:35 – Shopping food supplies.
- 17:00 – 20:15 – Hike over the narrow sea strip to the small island near Russeluft. The sea has been in a low tide so we could almost cross on dry land. It has been quite an adventure – in some places we had to take the shoes off and wade in the crystal clear water on soft sand with many small shells. On the island we found a good off the wind place and had a snak. But shortly afterwards there came a black cloud, strong wing a rain so we got totally wet on the way back. We also tested that the shoes impregnation is working fine sice we need to cross a few small streams.
- 10:15 – Starting to drive – today’s packing of tents and morning excercises took a bit longer. Weather looks good, clear sky and 21°C.
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Short stop for refreshments at Spåkenes. Afterwards we continue on the beatiful road along fjords with nice view to the snow capped mountains. We have also seen two sea-eagles resting on the shore.
- 14:00 – Short stop with nice views
- 15:15 – 16:30 – Short (asi 1km) but steep hike to the spring of the river. There is a Bubbelen waterfall just a few meters after the water comes off the ground.
- 17:00 – 18:00 – Shopping at the center of Alta. On the small outside market stand I’m buying a very good batch of fresh shrimp.
- 18:30 – Arriving to and finding the accomodation in Alta River Camping. We got a very nice and well equipped small cabin.
- 8:30 – After packing up and a bit morning excercises we are leaving Muonio. Weather looks good, clear sky and 19°C.
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Refreshments at Sannan Putiikki. We had very good doughnuts and time to check souveniers.
- 12:15 – Arriving to Kilpisjärvi
- 13:20 – Starting a hike in Malla Strict Nature Reserve.
- 18:00 – Back at the bus after 10km long hiking in the national park Malla.
- 18:30 – Crossing the Norwegian border and slowing descending to a huge valley. Beatiful views to surrounding mountains and waterfalls.
- 19:30 – Arriving to camp in Sibotn, building tents and cooking soup.
Its Monday 8.7. morning and we are starting at 7:00 to drive from Uurainen to Muonio. It will be a long road, over 700km.
- First short refreshments stop at 9:00 near Pyhäjärvi.
- 12:00 – 13:00 very good lunch at Autokeidas near the city II.
- 14:30 – Visiting shop at Swedish city Hapranda.
- 15:30 – Short cafe-break near the border river north from Tornio.
- 18:00 – Refreshments near Kolari
- 19:30 – Arrived to the camping place at Muonio. It has been a really long but relaxing drive. We have seen several reindeer towards the end.
- Dorazili jsme do kempu v Muonio. Byla to dlouhá ale pohodová cesta ke konci spestřena pozorováním sobů.
For our boys it has been their first time visit to Sweden, first time crossing the polar circle and seeing reindeer in the nature.